Number 9 on the count down of the top 10 hairstyles of all time is the Bouffant.
Since Marie Antoinette wore the Bouffant in the French court in 1786 the Bouffant has become a key hairstyle for glamourous women. Made very popular in the 60s by the like of Jackie Kennedy aptly named ‘the Jackie’O’ teenagers and women everywhere made the Bouffant their own and this style has started to come back into fashion in the 00’s with A-Listers wearing their Bouffants proudly with their designer dresses on the red carpet.
The Bouffant can be very versatile, it all depends on how high you are willing to go and if you want this eyecatching hairstyle to be the main part of your look.
How to get the Ponytail Bouffant at home… just like Jessica Simpson
This style is all about height and body, so get ready to tease…
1. Create texture by using product, such as TIGI Rockaholic Rocktastic spray gel and run it lightly through your hair from root to tip.
2. Using a round bristle brush start backcombing strands of your hair until all your hair has been teased.
3. Flip your head upside down and spray the underside with a medium hold hairspray.
4. Gather your hair into a ponytail at the nape of your neck. Use the brush to smooth down any flyaways on your bouffant, be careful not to brush to hard or your bouffant will go flat.
5. Put your ponytail into a clear elastic band and style any front strands by putting them behind your ears or curling them to make the look extra glamourous.
6. Spray a list mist of hairspray over your perfect bouffant and get the red carpet dress out of the wardrobe.
Tip: Bouffants look great with big jewellery, so have fun dressing this style up with costume jewellery.
If you want to have a consultation about what bouffant style would suit you, or even learn how to recreate the bouffant looks at home, book a FREE consultation online…or call 01908 614642 for the Milton Keynes Salon, or call 01296 330220 for the Aylesbury Salon.